We’re all the time looking out for brand new methods to shake up our favorite meal of the day – breakfast!
So this recipe from our buddies at The Detox Kitchen couldn’t have come at a greater time.
Give it a go, you’ll be shocked by how filling it’s.
AVOCADO SMASH WITH TOASTED NUTS & SEEDS
Serves 2 • 460 energy per serving
You might be apprehensive about having a salad for breakfast, however in case you do this one with just a few slices of toast, you may be transformed.
The creamy avocado blended with all of our favorite nuts and seeds and a few protein-packed lentil sprouts tastes splendidly recent and actually will hold you feeling full till lunch.
Avocados include excessive ranges of a plant compound often called beta-sitosterol, which is believed to assist stability levels of cholesterol.
- 20g cashew nuts
- 20g hazelnuts
- 1 tsp sunflower seeds
- 1 tsp white sesame seeds
- 1 tsp black sesame seeds
- 2 ripe avocados
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 4 recent chives, finely chopped
- 50g lentil sprouts
- Salt and pepper
- Chopped recent coriander or micro coriander
- Lime wedges
- Preheat your oven to 200°C/fan 180°C/fuel 6.
- Unfold all of the nuts and seeds in a small baking tin and toast within the heated oven for 8 minutes till golden. Tip them right into a mortar and evenly crush with the pestle. Put aside.
- Reduce the avocados in half and take away the stones, then scoop out the flesh and put it in a big bowl. Add the lemon juice, chives and a few salt and pepper and crush with a fork. You need to create a creamy however chunky texture. Add the lentil sprouts and blend by way of.
- Add the crushed nuts and seeds to the avocado combine. Serve sprinkled with coriander and with wedges of lime to squeeze over.