As a part of our Age Confidence marketing campaign, I used to be fortunate sufficient to meet up with internationally famend make-up artist, Debbie Gallagher, and quiz her on her prime make-up suggestions for wanting fabulous over fifty.
In addition to photograph shoots for ID, Cosmopolitan, Glamour and InStyle, Debbie has additionally labored with massive names like, Jessie J, Lana Del Rey and Minnie Driver – so she actually is aware of her stuff!
“A very powerful factor to recollect is to maintain your pores and skin as hydrated as attainable! It’s essential begin with an excellent on a regular basis routine – cleaning, firming and moisturising is necessary no matter your age, however as you become older it’s important.
I’m an enormous believer in the concept magnificence comes from inside. It’s essential to care for your self from the within out – eat effectively, be aware of what you drink and goal to get eight hours sleep an evening.
- Keep away from merchandise which are too matte or shimmery, as shimmer tends to intensify advantageous strains and matte can look very cakey and flat.
- Try to use cream based mostly merchandise the place attainable – they’re straightforward to mix and create a really pure, flattering end, MAC do nice ones.
- Much less is extra! I feel this needs to be the mantra of older girls, you need to intensify your finest options while letting your pure magnificence shine by means of.
- Intensify one function – love your lips? Then pop on a comfortable cream lipstick and use pure eye make-up. Attractive eyes? Use a cream based mostly shadow to create a contemporary eye and preserve your lips impartial.
- I actually love the best way the Susan Sarandon does her make-up – she all the time appears to be like so contemporary and flawless, but by no means overdone.”
To seek out out extra about Debbie and see her work, take a look here.
For pure make up alternate options to Debbie’s ideas, strive Inika and UNE – each have some nice cream based mostly merchandise.
Subsequent week, we wish to discover out who your Age Confidence magnificence icon is, so keep tuned for our first Pure Magnificence Awards!