Wholesome Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies are gluten-free and made with no flour, much less sugar, semi-sweet chocolate chips, and pure peanut butter. A cookie recipe that’s excellent for year-round baking whether or not it’s for the vacations or a weekly staple for lunchboxes and afternoon treats.
This put up was initially printed on October 30,2017. Up to date on November 18th, 2020
These Wholesome Peanut Butter Cookies with Chocolate Chips are made with solely one-half cup of added sugar.
These cookies are made with much less sugar however with out sacrificing the scrumptious issue. The cookies have been examined with each coconut sugar and cane sugar so be at liberty to make use of what you may have readily available or what your desire is. There’s solely one-half cup of sugar on this whole recipe which makes about 2 dozen cookies give or take. With solely 7 g of sugar per cooking, these cookies make for a wise deal with while you’re craving one thing somewhat candy.
This put up could include affiliate hyperlinks that received’t change your worth however will share some fee.
Substances you’ll want for these peanut butter cookies
- Oats – old fashioned or regular rolled oats will work for this recipe, use gluten-free if wanted.
- Sugar – coconut sugar or cane sugar, each have been examined in our kitchens and work nice.
- Baking soda
- Sea salt
- Butter – unsalted butter or a substitute of coconut oil for a dairy-free cookie choice.
- Vanilla extract – search for pure vanilla extract with no added corn syrup.
- Peanut butter – use pure creamy peanut butter at room temperature or heated barely to have a pourable consistency.
- Chocolate chips – use darkish or semi-sweet chocolate chip. Use dairy-free chocolate chips if wanted.
Shop Thrive Market to get the perfect costs on pure, natural, and specialty meals. PLUS get a free reward valued at $24 while you sign-up! Store Thrive Marketplace for your entire baking necessities!
make Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies
First step: Preheat the oven to 350 levels. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
Second step: Mix the components in a medium bowl, apart from the chocolate chips. You may as well use s standup mixer. Combine till effectively mixed.
Third step: Fold within the chocolate chips.
Fourth step: If the dough is de facto sticky, let it sit for 10 minutes or place within the fridge till the dough has firmed up sufficient.
Fifth step: With a small cookie scoop, scoop the dough onto the ready sheets to make about 2 dozen cookies (give or take). Along with your arms, barely flatten every cookie dough mound to type a spherical cookie form.
Lastly: Bake for 10-14 minutes or till cookie facilities are performed and the outsides are golden. Baking time will rely upon the scale of the cookies.
retailer these tender and chewy cookies
To retailer these cookies, you’ll wish to maintain them in an hermetic container. You may maintain them recent for as much as 5 days. These irresistible peanut butter cookies are additionally freezer-friendly! While you make a batch, be at liberty to double it and stash away half of them to take pleasure in later. Merely let the cookies cool fully then place them in a freezer-friendly container/bag and freeze for as much as 2 months. To thaw, merely take out the specified quantity of cookies and let thaw on the counter, or defrost within the microwave for that fresh-baked cookie style with melty chocolate chips!
What’s the greatest form of peanut butter to make use of in these Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies?
In these Wholesome Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies, the type peanut butter you employ does make a reasonably vital distinction. You wish to use peanut butter that has a pleasant drizzly, pourable consistency. I like to make use of pure peanut butter the place the one components are peanuts and possibly somewhat salt. Now, if the peanut butter you might be utilizing is fairly stable at room temperature, no worries. Merely warmth it up in a small saucepan over low warmth or within the microwave for about 20-30 seconds simply till it’s drizzly. You don’t need the peanut butter to get too sizzling as it can soften the chocolate chips.
Are you prepared to offer these tender & chewy wholesome cookies a attempt?!
You merely can’t beat a freshly baked cookie proper from the oven and particularly one wealthy with peanut butter, darkish chocolate chips, much less sugar, and solely clear components!
Different cookie recipes to attempt
- 2 cups quaint or common rolled oats
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar or cane sugar
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- 2 complete eggs
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, softened (sub coconut oil for dairy-free)
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup pure peanut, room temperature or heated barely to attain pourable consistency** (please learn the be aware beneath)
- 3/4 cup darkish or semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 levels. Line two sheet pans with parchment paper.
- Mix the components in a medium bowl, apart from the chocolate chips. You may as well use a standup mixer. Combine till effectively mixed.
- Fold within the chocolate chips.
- If the dough is actual sticky, let it sit for 10 minutes or place within the fridge.
- With a small cookie scoop, scoop dough onto pans to make about 2 dozen cookies give or take. With arms, barely flatten every cookie dough mound to type a spherical cookie form.
- Bake for 10-14 minutes or till cookie facilities are performed and outsides are golden. Baking time will rely upon the scale of the cookies.
**Be aware: Peanut butter have to be a drizzly consistency, not stable. If it’s stable, heat it over low warmth or within the microwave till drizzly consistency is achieved. Relying on the consistency of peanut butter, chances are you’ll want so as to add 2-4 Tbsp. of water or milk of selection if the dough is simply too thick.
- Serving Measurement: 1 cookie
- Energy: 135
- Sugar: 5g
- Sodium: 65mg
- Fats: 9g
- Carbohydrates: 13g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 4g
Pin now, make later!
T This put up could include affiliate hyperlinks that received’t change your worth however will share some fee. All photographs and content material are copyright protected. Please don’t use our photographs with out prior written permission. When you want to republish this recipe, please rewrite the recipe in your personal distinctive phrases and hyperlink again to the supply recipe right here on The Actual Meals Dietitians. Thanks!